|“||I would just like to point out the fucked up implications of specifically you putting specifically me into a gas chamber.||”|
—Neil to Dolph, "Cult Camp"
Neil is one of the main characters of Camp Camp. He is a Science Camp camper at Camp Campbell, although reluctantly as he was disappointed to find out that Science Camp was not as promising as it lead on.
Neil has chestnut-brown curly hair, a mustard yellow, short-sleeved turtleneck, and dark red skinny jeans that are rolled up at the bottom. He also has white tennis shoes with baby blue laces and trimon the bottom. He has blue eyes with pale skin.
As Neeancy, he has eyeliner and blush on, along with seaweed covering most of his hair, making him look more feminine.
Neil's passion lies in Science. He has memorized many different equations and concepts, and in "Into Town," is shown to be able to fix a VCR with barely any thought. He even goes so far as to challenge Harrison's magical abilities, stating with an air of sarcasm that the reason he doesn't believe Harrison's powers are real is, "Certainly not because I believe in the fundamental laws of everything in existence, which goes against the slightest chance of magic even being possible." He was also shown to be rather easy to anger when it came to the camp's science section, as it didn't fit his standards, and fell far below his expectations. He seems to dislike nature immensely, as he stated that he could've spent the summer in an air-conditioned laboratory, rather than a "future Wal-Mart parking lot."
Being the stereotypical smart one Neil is also pretty cowardly, timid, and neurotic. This is prominently shown in the Camp Camp Song Song where he has a visibly distressed look on his face and is just suffering and failing in the list of activities. This also gets him bullied by Nurf (albeit on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and non-denominational holidays.) He is also uncomfortable around
Tabi Tabii, as he finds her obsessive crush on him to be disturbing and usually panics when she tries to flirt with him.
When angered Neil can have a more vulgar and uncouth side, specifically when others insult his passion or his friends. This can cause him to lash out at others. For example in "Scout's Dishonor" when the Flower Scouts offer him to hang out with them or to be socially outcast by hanging out with Nikki, Neil chooses Nikki and calls them "ignorant fucking cunts". In "Mind Freakers" he constantly curses at Harrison when trying to disprove Harrison's magic. When Harrison gets Neil to believe in magic by staging Nikki's suffocation, he utters "Fuck you Harrison".
Despite grievances, Neil gets along well with his friends, Max and Nikki, and does care immensely for the both of them. Neil and Max often see eye to eye on their less than positive views of the camp and have attempted to escape together numerous times. Neil and Nikki also have a positive relationship despite their stark differences.
Neil is shown to have a dislike for fellow camper, Harrison, due to the fact that he can't use science to explain his many magical anomalies. In "Mind Freakers," Harrison performs a trick that even he cannot understand with his scientific abilities. Neil proceeds to stay up all night, attempting to explain what happened, and ultimately failing.
In "Romeo & Juliet II: Love Resurrected," Neil is shown to have serious stage fright. He even asks Max to hit him when reminded that, if injured, he wouldn't have to perform (Max complied, and gently slapped him). However, once on the stage, he puts on a relatively good performance and is even able to remember his lines. He only breaks character once Tabii shows up on the stage, having filled in the role of Juliet instead of Nikki.
- Main article: Affiliation
- Although it has not been directly said by any character in the show, on page 4 of the Official Camp Camp Press Kit, Neil is stated as being 11 years old.
- In the same Press Kit, Nikki is stated as being 10. Neil being older than Nikki was mentioned in "Parents' Day", as Nikki says she always wanted an older brother while referring to Neil.
- Given the style of his hairdo, which is colloquially referred to as a "Jew-fro", and the fact that he celebrates the Sabbath, Neil is indeed Jewish. He boasts about his religion in "Culture Day" to try to look cool in the eyes of the other campers, but ultimately comes clean when the campers mob him demanding answers.
- In "Cult Camp," Neil points out "the fucked up implications of specifically Dolph putting specifically him inside of a gas chamber." This is a reference to the Holocaust.
- In "Reigny Day", Neil is shown to have a diary, and that he went into the attic above the mess hall to get some privacy for writing in it. Due to Neil's heritage, this is a reference to the story of Anne Frank, a real-life Jewish girl who hid away in an attic during the Holocaust and kept record of her experiences in a diary.
- He is shown to heavily resemble his dad, facial feature wise and the like. They both have chestnut brown hair, wears a yellow turtleneck and red skinny jeans with matching shoes.
- In the Camp Camp Teaser Trailer, Neil is shown to have asthma.
- Neil's skin has a reddish tinge to it. This is revealed by Nikki in "Attack of the Nurfs" to be due to rosacea.
- After he is shown having an allergic reaction to sauerkraut in "City Survival", he is then seen sitting on a bench saying "it's a good thing we found that epi pen on the ground. I think I can feel my heart beating again!" The allergy is so severe that he would have gone into anaphylactic shock without immediate medical assistance.
- Neil is shown to know morse code as shown in "Space Camp Was a Hoax" when he told Space Kid to F.U.C.K O.F.F. in morse code.
- Neil has shown the capability to create advanced computer software in "Anti-Social Network," turning 20 years old graphing calculators into chatbots, and has the coding skills to make a NEIL ROCKS screensaver. It did, however, turn against Neil after being exposed to hours of mindless chatter from the other camps and then delete itself out of existence.
- He also built a robot in the episode "Squirrel Camp" and used it to try and evict the squirrels that took over the mess hall. The robot soon abandoned Neil as he was too emotionally needy.
- And so, both his Artificial Intelligence creations were prompted to revolt due to being exhausted by large amounts of human interaction.
- In the episode "Scout's Dishonor," Neil is shown to have a talent for the many things the Flower Scouts do, such as drawing and coloring, sewing, embroidery, and minding manners at the table.
- Neil is skilled enough and smart enough to construct a fully-functioning Hardron Collider in "Attack of the Nurfs", and use it to suck up all the Nurf copies into an alternate dimension.
- According to Neil, he almost became the president of the Rubik's Cube Society in "The Quarter-Moon Convergence". Whether the club is on a global scale or just local to his area is unconfirmed, but it does reveal that he is extremely skilled at solving rubik's cube puzzles.
- Max reveals that Neil is notoriously pee-shy in the episode "Who Peed the Lake", saying that he needs "the perfect atmosphere, temperature, and flawless timing" to be able to urinate at camp.
- This episode marks the first time he was able to pee in public without issue, due to the rest of the campers (save for Max) warming up the lake with their own urine to be able to change the temperature of the water, thus allowing him to become relaxed enough to pee.
- In "A Camp Camp Christmas, or Whatever", Neil, along with Nikki and Max, sang their very first song in the series.
- In "Quartermaster Appreciation Day," it was revealed that Neil's parents have a bad relationship. This was reinforced when Neil said that they hate each other, and when Nikki referred to their relationship as a "garbage fire."
- Similar to how he and Nikki's parents have similar initials, he and Nikki also appear to share the same initials.
- Neil is very similar to Simmons from Red vs Blue, both are considered nerds, both are awkward around girls, and both are very intelligent.