|“||THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN PEOPLE IGNORE THE CLIMATE SCIENTISTS!||”|
Neil is one of the main characters of Camp Camp. He is a Science Camp camper at Camp Campbell, although reluctantly as he was disappointed to find out that Science Camp was not as promising as it led on.
Neil has chestnut-brown curly hair, a mustard yellow, short-sleeved turtleneck, and dark red skinny jeans that are rolled up at the bottom. He also has white tennis shoes with baby blue laces and trim on the bottom. He has blue eyes with pale skin.
As Neeancy, he has eyeliner and blush on, along with seaweed covering most of his hair, making him look more feminine.
As Neil's passion in Science runs deep, it ends up encompassing a large part of his personality. He has memorized many different equations and concepts, and in "Into Town" is shown to be able to fix a VCR with barely any thought. He likes to unwind by doing computer coding (as shown in "Anti-Social Network") and build robots in his spare time ("Squirrel Camp"). Being the stereotypical smart one Neil is also predictably cowardly, timid, and neurotic. This is prominently shown in the theme song wherein has a visibly distressed look on his face and is just suffering and failing in the list of activities.
This also gets him bullied by Nurf (albeit only Tuesdays, Thursdays, and non-denominational holidays), moreso in the earlier seasons. He is also uncomfortable around Tabii, as he finds her obsessive crush on him to be disturbing and usually panics when she tries to flirt with him.
In "Romeo & Juliet II: Love Resurrected", Neil is shown to have serious stage fright. He even asks Max to hit him when reminded that, if injured, he wouldn't have to perform. However, once on the stage, he puts on a relatively good performance and is even able to remember his lines. He only breaks character once Tabii shows up on the stage, having unexpectedly filled in the role of Juliet instead of Nikki.
Because he is such a firm believer in science, he clashes frequently with Harrison, who often performs magical feats with ease and conjures items out of thin air, and even spent the entirety of the episode "Mind Freakers" becoming increasingly more obsessed with learning how the tricks are done. He will always attempt to explain everything that happens around him with scientific fact and logic, even if the situation is unsettling or even dangerous ("Journey to Spooky Island" and "The Quarter-Moon Convergence", for example).
When angered, Neil can have a more vulgar and uncouth side, specifically when others insult his passion or his friends, causing him to lash out at others. For example in "Scout's Dishonor" when the Flower Scouts offer him to hang out with them or to be socially outcast by hanging out with Nikki, Neil chooses Nikki and calls them "ignorant fucking cunts". In "Mind Freakers" he constantly curses at Harrison when trying to disprove Harrison's magic. When Harrison gets Neil to believe in magic by staging Nikki's suffocation, he utters "Fuck you Harrison". He was also shown to be rather easy to anger when it came to the camp's science section in "Escape from Camp Campbell", as it didn't fit his standards, and fell far below his expectations. He seems to dislike nature immensely, as he stated that he could've spent the summer in an air-conditioned laboratory, rather than a "future Wal-Mart parking lot" ("Mascot").
- Main article: Affiliation
- Although it has not been directly said by any character in the show, on page 4 of the Official Camp Camp Press Kit, Neil is stated as being 11 years old.
- In the same Press Kit, Nikki is stated as being 10. Neil being older than Nikki was mentioned in "Parents' Day", as Nikki says she always wanted an older brother while referring to Neil.
- Given the style of his hairdo, which is colloquially referred to as a "Jew-fro", and the fact that he celebrates the Sabbath, Neil is indeed Jewish. He boasts about his religion in "Culture Day" to try to look cool in the eyes of the other campers, but ultimately comes clean when the campers mob him demanding answers.
- He is shown to heavily resemble his dad, facial feature wise and the like. They both have chestnut brown hair, wears a yellow turtleneck and red skinny jeans with matching shoes.
- In "Reigny Day", Neil is shown to have a diary, and that he went into the attic above the mess hall to get some privacy for writing in it. Due to Neil's heritage, this is a reference to the story of Anne Frank, a real-life Jewish girl who hid away in an attic during the Holocaust and kept record of her experiences in a diary.
- In the Camp Camp Teaser Trailer, Neil is shown to have asthma.
- Neil's skin has a reddish tinge to it. This is revealed by Nikki in "Attack of the Nurfs" to be due to rosacea.
- After he is shown having an allergic reaction to sauerkraut in "City Survival", he is then seen sitting on a bench saying "it's a good thing we found that epipen on the ground. I think I can feel my heart beating again!" The allergy is so severe that he would have gone into anaphylactic shock without immediate medical assistance.
- Neil is shown to know morse code as shown in "Space Camp Was a Hoax" when he told Space Kid to F.U.C.K O.F.F. in morse code.
- Neil has shown the capability to create advanced computer software in "Anti-Social Network," turning 20 years old graphing calculators into chatbots, and has the coding skills to make a NEIL ROCKS screensaver. It did, however, turn against Neil after being exposed to hours of mindless chatter from the other camps and then delete itself out of existence.
- He also built a robot in the episode "Squirrel Camp" and used it to try and evict the squirrels that took over the mess hall. The robot soon abandoned Neil as he was too emotionally needy.
- And so, both his Artificial Intelligence creations were prompted to revolt due to being exhausted by large amounts of human interaction.
- In the episode "Scout's Dishonor," Neil is shown to have a talent for the many things the Flower Scouts do, such as drawing and coloring, sewing, embroidery, and minding manners at the table.
- Neil is skilled enough and smart enough to construct a fully-functioning Hardron Collider in "Attack of the Nurfs", and use it to suck up all the Nurf copies into an alternate dimension.
- According to Neil, he almost became the president of the Rubik's Cube Society in "The Quarter-Moon Convergence". Whether the club is on a global scale or just local to his area is unconfirmed, but it does reveal that he is extremely skilled at solving rubik's cube puzzles.
- Max reveals that Neil is notoriously pee-shy in the episode "Who Peed the Lake", saying that he needs "the perfect atmosphere, temperature, and flawless timing" to be able to urinate at camp.
- This episode marks the first time he was able to pee in public without issue, due to the rest of the campers (save for Max) warming up the lake with their own urine to be able to change the temperature of the water, thus allowing him to become relaxed enough to pee.
- In "A Camp Camp Christmas, or Whatever", Neil, along with Nikki and Max, sang their very first song in the series.
- In "Quartermaster Appreciation Day," it was revealed that Neil's parents have a bad relationship. This was reinforced when Neil said that they hate each other, and when Nikki referred to their relationship as a "garbage fire."
- Similar to how he and Nikki's parents have similar initials, he and Nikki also appear to share the same initials.
- Neil is very similar to Simmons from Red vs Blue, both are considered nerds, both are awkward around girls, and both are very intelligent.