James Ryan Haywood is an American actor, voice actor, on-camera host/on-screen talent & content producer, and former video game journalist. He is best known for his long-time extensive work at Rooster Teeth, co-starring in their gameplay division known as Achievement Hunter and, formerly, the entertainment-news division The Know. He is a former member of the RT Animation dept, where he served as a machinima animator, VFX artist, technical director and animation editor for season 10 of Red vs. Blue: Season 10. Ryan also (formerly) co-hosted Rooster Teeth's gaming podcast Glitch Please (formerly The Patch), currently serves as a secondary recurring host the official Achievement Hunter podcast Off Topic, and served as a special guest on the RT Podcast and Always Open.
Ryan has also co-starred and appeared in several live action productions such as Rooster Teeth Shorts, Immersion, Million Dollars, But..., The Gauntlet, both Ten Little Roosters and Eleven Little Roosters, and many more. Ryan also provides voice acting for various Rooster Teeth animated shows. He voices Professor Peter Port in RWBY, Lieutenant John Elizabeth Andersmith in Red vs. Blue, Jethro in Nomad of Nowhere, The Mad King in X-Ray and Vav, and Ered's cool gay dads, the FBI duo known collectively as Agents Miller in Camp Camp.
- Ryan is known by his middle name, as opposed to his actual first name: James. He stated that his parents always used his middle name rather than his first, and he continued to do so himself.
- In high school, Ryan worked as a professional male model while in high school, and photos were once released during an Extra Life stream.
- He was in a magazine called Twist magazine, and claimed that his appearance made it more popular.
- Ryan graduated from Full Sail University with a degree in computer animation and attended Georgia Southern University for six years, where he took courses in computer engineering, computer science, broadcast, and theater. He also studied abroad in England.
- He is a huge Dragon Ball Z fan.