- This article is a stub. Please help out the Camp Camp Wikia by expanding it.
"Space Camp Was a Hoax" is the 10th episode of the second season of Camp Camp and is the 22nd episode overall.
|“||Space Kid is being more spacey than usual, and it's really annoying Max, Neil, and Nikki. Meanwhile, due to a legal loophole, David and Gwen are tasked with faking a moon landing for the would-be astronaut.||”|
- This episode page is missing plot details! Please help us out by adding an episode summary here.
- Space Kid is shown to know morse code as he was able to tell Neil "S.O.S" in Morse code.
- Neil is shown to know morse code as well, telling Space Kid to F.U.C.K. O.F.F. in morse code in response.
- Space Kid reveals that his real name is actually "Neil Armstrong Jr", being named after his great-grandfather, also known as the famous astronaut, Neil Armstrong.
- His real name was later confirmed by his uncle during the episode "Parents' Day".
- Nurf is revealed to be lactose intolerant after he consumes the cheese they were planning on using which made him throw up in the process.
- This is the first and only episode that has an animation take place during the credits, instead of a black background.
- The animation shown was the photoshopped video of Buzz Aldrin with Space Kid's face edited onto his, placing the American Flag on the moon.
- It is also the first episode to have a post-episode scene, showing Space Kid sitting by the pier looking into the lake and saying "Now what?"
- A box labeled "Beans, the musical fruit" in the background in the Quartermaster's Store references the popular children's song Beans, Beans, the Musical Fruit Song.
- Gwen was seen reading a parody of the book "50 Shades of Gray" called "50 Shades of #808080". With "#808080" being the color code for gray.
- Space Kid yelling "Spaaaaace!" is possibly a reference to the Space Core from Portal 2.
- The photoshopped video of Space Kid walking on the moon that David and Gwen edited together is referenced again after Buzz Aldrin mentions it in "Parents' Day".
- A running gag where any of the campers appear out of thin air behind either of the counselors' legs is first shown in this episode when Max appears behind David. This is seen again later in the episode "A Camp Camp Christmas, or Whatever" when Space Kid appears behind Gwen.
- Nikki's hair grew back almost immediately after the intro after Space Kid accidentally ripped off one of her pigtails with his toy spaceship.
- The transcript for "Space Camp Was a Hoax" may be edited here.
An error occurred parsing line 1 of the transcript.
- To see the full gallery, go to Space Camp Was a Hoax/Gallery.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.